Myth: Some of the closest, nail-biting games have been 1 on 1 games between John Cronin and Joe Cronin
Truth: When John and Joe play, usually one of them dominates the other.
This season in 1v1 games, John is leading the series 3-2. Joe has crushed in the last two matchups with a combined score of 31-9. John won the first 3 matchups with a combined score of 15-4.
Here are their five matchups with stats:
1. 5-3 John won. John 8 K's no HR, Joe 9 K's 1 HR.
2. 7-1 John won. John 4 K's 1 HR, Joe 7 K's no HR.
3. 3-0 John won. John 10 K's 2 HR, Joe 6 K's no HR. *No-Hitter by John
4. 14-1 Joe won. John 4 K's 1 HR, Joe 8 K's 5 HR.
5. 17-8 Joe won. John 2 K's 4 HR, Joe 3 K's 11 HR. *Record 11 HR's by Joe
TOTAL 35-24 Joe. John 28 K's 8 HR. Joe 33 K's 17 HR.
John has had some tough outings recently while Joe has recovered from his 3 game losing streak. John limited Joe to 1 HR in 3 games, but then gave up 16 in two games. Joe has figured out his power and has brought his pitching along for the ride in his past 2 games.
Each player has had his dominance, such as John's no-hitter and Joe's 11 HR game. They both have been consistent in non-1v1 games. Who knows what will happen next.