1. John Cronin – John tore up the league in a blaze of glory this week. In his first game he threw a No-Hitter and had 10 K’s. He also added 3 HR over the course of the day to bring his season total to a league leading 12. He is either on top of the league or tied for the lead in all categories (including losses). His strong season so far combined with a big week keep him on top of the ranks this week.
2. Joe Hubly – Joe missed this week, but maintains 2nd place in the power rankings due to his Win/Loss record and power totals. He is third in HR with 8, averaging 1.0 HR per game. While he may not rack up the counting stats at the same rate as others, his 4 wins give him a strong standing in relation to the other players on this list.
3. Rose Cronin – Rose jumps up in the rankings this week due to her pitching a complete game win and tacking on 6 K’s and 1 HR. She holds the best record in the league at 5-0. While her counting stats may not look impressive (only 11 K’s and 1 HR), her record shows that she is a strong player and a force to be reckoned with as the season continues.
4. Joe Cronin – Joe is the definition of a player whose numbers make statisticians drool but whose potential has yet to be realized when it comes to results in the Win column. He leads the league in K’s per game (3.5) and HR per game (1.5), but his wild ways make him an easy target for opposing pitchers and hitters leading 4 losses and only 2 wins. He struck out 10 times in his loss to John Cronin this week and looked horrible in general. He came through with 2 HR in his second game, but struck out in every other at bat. He will look to turn around his game as the All-Star break approaches and hopes to have a breakthrough in the second half.
5. Howard Cronin – Howard is a solid player with a good bat and excellent command on the pitching mound. He is second in the league in K’s with 21. His power numbers are lacking, which contribute to a poor showing in 1v1 games, but his ability to put the ball in play is a strong asset in games where he has a teammate on base. He helped lead a late inning rally this week to send the game into extra innings.
Article by Joe Cronin