Welcome to the latest addition of the SFWL news section. "The Pipeline" is a seasonal ranking and discussion of the top SFWL prospects. Without further ado, here are the Winter 2015 rankings:
1. Matthew Cronin: Matthew was strutting his stuff on the sidelines last year. Throughout the season he could be seen at the tee perfecting his swing. Matthew is still 5+ years from his rookie debut, but it will be a day to be remembered when he steps up to the plate for his first official SFWL at bat.
2. Leona Cronin: Leona is not yet a year old, but is already associating herself with the best. Booker T. Washington once said, "Associate yourself with people of good quality for it is better to be alone than in bad company." Leona loves hanging out with 2 time MVP and reigning Cy Young and Champion John Cronin, so she should be all set for the future. Enough said.
3. Rebecca Cronin: Rebecca is a workhorse. She has lots of energy and just likes running around. Rebecca has already debuted with a tee, but is still a couple years from making her official debut. Look out for her on the base paths because she'll be coming in with her spikes up like Ty Cobb.
4. Katie Cronin: Katie is the most ready prospect on this list. She already has a lifetime 1.00 batting average of a tee, so it will be interesting to see how she takes that average to the pitchers of the league. Katie could see her first official at bat this season, but likely it'll be 2016 when she'll burst onto the national scene.
5. Noah Kim: Noah is still in the VDWL (Virginia Developmental Wiffleball League), and won't arrive in Minnesota for a while it seems, but he may get called up off and on this summer. Noah has the best raw speed on this prospect list and could easily develop into the fastest player we have ever seen.
Thanks for reading and we'll be back at you after Opening Day!
UPDATE: 3/17/15- Cameron Dust is another hot and up coming prospect, though this list was published before his signing.